It is a tradition in many families to have babies christened at a young age.
Following the ceremony, friends and relatives are often invited for a meal to celebrate the new addition to God’s family. Preparing food for everyone, particularly if it’s a larger gathering, can be difficult, so many families hire caterers for the occasion.
Ceri Wallace of Indulge Catering is experienced in meeting the requirements of christenings of all sizes. She can prepare a tailor-made buffet and hot dishes can also be supplied should you require. Each dish will be freshly prepared using the best locally-sourced ingredients. Here is a Christening menu we prepared for our clients Vicki and Clive:
- Mini prawn cocktails in a lettuce leaf
- Blinis with smoked salmon and dill
- Chicken liver pate on brown toast with onion marmalade
- Mini cheese tartlets with chutney
- Selection of sandwiches on white and brown bread with crisps
- Fruit and plain scones (served with jam and cream)
- Selection of quiche slices
- Summer vegetables and goat’s cheese, cheddar and caramelized onion
- Poached salmon and dill
- Bacon and egg
- Tea and coffee
Pricing will be given on application, though we always aim to provide first-class catering which represents excellent value for money. A choice of fine wines, beers, and even champagne is also available so that the adults in the family can drink to the occasion!
If you’re local to Edinburgh and planning a christening celebration, why not let Indulge Catering help? To discuss your requirements and arrange your free quote, get in touch with us today on 0131 241 6706 or 07932 008 305.